Home Entertainment Worries over Ed Sheeran

Worries over Ed Sheeran

5
0
SHARE


One of Ed Sheeran’s Irish concerts could be in jeopardy as the singer has been reportedly asked to perform at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding.

The 26-year-old Galway Girl singer is set to play nine sold out dates across Ireland this summer, in Dublin, Galway, Cork and Belfast.

However, doubt has been cast over Ed’s final show in Dublin’s Phoenix Park on May 19 as it’s rumoured the red haired hitmaker has been ask to sing at the royal wedding, which is scheduled for the same day.

According to American publication Us Weekly, Prince Harry is hoping that Sheeran will perform on his big day.

An insider told the magazine: “Prince Harry has personally requested Ed perform at his wedding.”

As many as 60,000 fans are set to attend Ed’s final Irish gig, which falls clashes with the hotly anticipated royal wedding.

Harry and Meghan will say ‘I do’ at St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle at noon, while fans are due to arrive for his Dublin at at 5pm.

Sheeran previously revealed he’s open to the possibility of serenading Harry and Meghan on their big day.

Ed Sheeran pictured performing at 3Arena, Dublin this evening

When asked if he would consider performing at the wedding when receiving an MBE back in December, the Shape of You hitmaker told reporters: “Yeah, why not?”.

The Irish Mirror has contacted a representative for Sheeran regarding the reports.

It has also been suggested Sir Elton John could perform at some point during the ceremony and celebrations on 19 May.

The happy couple are expected to dance to his song, Your Song, and Sir Elton has already cancelled Las Vegas performance dates to ensure he can attend the big day.

The royal wedding isn’t the only hurdle that has faced Sheeran’s upcoming gigs in the capital.

Last year, Independent.ie reported that members of Fingal County Council requested a meeting with Dublin City Council in the hope of moving the shows to another location within the park.

According to the same source, Fianna Fail councillor Howard Mahoney told Fingal that local residents had not been consulted before the licence for the shows was granted – similar to the fiasco that saw Garth Brooks cancel five shows at Croke Park in 2014.



Sumber berita :

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/doubt-cast-over-one-ed-12025184